Thursday, September 6, 2007

16km route march

16km route march was so shitty and a piece of hell for me last night. it was supposed to be some chicken feet thing for me but as i long as i walk, the pain from my bladder came. i have no freaking idea why is it hurting, this is my very first time that i felt pain in my bladder area and i was kinda worried that the pain will end my father's day. the pain started from the 4th km till 8th km, the pain was still bearable.

there was a rest point at the 8th km mark and we rested like 15 minutes. i thought that after some rest, i still can walk even though blisters starts coming out from my feet as i have not walk that distance for so long, but i still can walk, just that the pain is what i cant take it.

when its time for us to talk again, i thought that it's gonna be fine and i start walking. less than 100m from where i left, the pain came again and thus causing me to slow down a lot. i was way behind the main troops but i tried hard to catch up. but still i failed.

at the 12km rest point, the pain was unbearable, i drop everything behind my back and pop a cigarette and started smoking. as i smoke, i rested. i left my pack behind and just continue to walk to the end line with 2 of my staff sergeant. they were walking by my side encouraging me and talking crap with me to boost morale.

as i am reaching the finishing line, i started to slow down again and this time it's even more slower! i took my time to finish the walk and i felt very hot, as if there is some energy passing through my body is about to explode and shatter me into pieces.

it took me a while before i did my warm down, had my night snack and return back to my bunk for shower and sleep. have not fall asleep so fast for a very long time already.

===== next day =====

when my alarm clock rang at 7am, i had problem waking up, it took me 20 minutes to open my eyes and sit up right. i felt feverish and weak and both knees are weak. sigh... i wonder if this will happen again. i hope it wont happen anymore....

this feeling sucks to the core!

No comments: