Monday, January 26, 2009

where was i

good and bad things happened in my life for the past week, and i have also thought of my own resolution again because i think that it is too short....

the bad things:
1) my computer power supply box suddenly exploded on thursday and now i couldn't even power on my computer.
2) i forgot to return the stand chart champion chip, i threw it, and now they ask me to return... and i forgot to pay them. payment date due on 23rd Jan.
3) i also overlook on my prudential policy... now it's close to only $200, thank God that i dropped. or not i'm really shit.
4) i have also got my Aviva to make payments, about S114.
5) while clearing my house for chinese new year, i notice that a lot of things a faulty and requires immediate rectification.

the good things
1) While my computer broke down, i have more time reading my bible and really spending time with God. Catching up with the bible reading chart.
2) while clearing my house, i found a lot of exercise books that is used halfway, and i will be finding a way to give them out to bless those who will need them.
3) i signed up this discipleship class that will be taking place every sunday after Jurong service. it will last for 16 lessons and after that i will graduate from the class. i will be drilled and moulded to be a stronger person in character.
4) i was feeling very down due to financial difficulties, but i was comforted with the book of Pslams 54:6 "With a freewill offering i will sacrifice to You; i will give thanks to Your name, O Lord, for it is good." and i was encouraged!

Dilemma
1) i heard news that pearl centre is selling second hand laptop at 300 odd. but i'm not sure to buy or not.
2) what to choose for my next career.

My 2009 Resolution (updated):

Spiritual aspect
> in par with the bible reading chart monthly.
> increase in personal prayer time from average 5 min to 30 min in 2 months time.
> 1 full fast every week. if miss a week, next week to make up.

Connect group aspect
> multiply to 3 group.
> closer bonding and friendship by longer quality fellowship.
> see 2 of my friends receive Christ.
> groom 2 leaders up under my care.

Ministry aspect
> never be late for ministry.
> attend all training provided.
> giving my best during serving.

Character aspect
> being more patient with things around me.
> more understanding and sensitive to the people around me.
> able to motivate and move people by words that i speak.
> keeping time management at tip top condition.
> never late for any appointments unless unforseen things happen along the way.
> have a better ear and able to give effective counselling.
> able to learn and master the impartation skill.

Career aspect
> able to pick up the skill fast.
> get brown medallion (life saving).
> get my class 3 this year.

Achievement aspect
> silver for IPPT during reservist. (if any)
> join at least 2 5km to 10km marathon that is free.
> completed 5 Christian books.
> have a new gaming computer.
> an oversea trip with friends.

Financial aspect
> have a saving of $5k before 2009 end.
> harvy norman credit card cleared.
> no owing of telecom any outstanding amount by june.

Health aspect
> weight lost to 70kg.
> 1 X 5km run every month

Relationship / friendship area
> have a date.
> closer relationship with family members.
> keep monthly contact with friends from my phone list / facebook / friendster / MSN / blog.

That's all for now... I hope it will all come to pass=)

No comments: