Friday, March 9, 2007

COS and Armskote

This morning was my turn to open Armskote and let the guards draw arms. I have to open the armskote 4 times a day, so irritating and boring at the same time. I took over COS from Terrance. This is his last duty before he ORD. I took over as early as 0700 hrs because Zaini, my 84 section man was charge with possession of live ammunition. The trail started since 0900 hrs and ended around 1900 hrs or later. I was not at the scene, I couldn’t get a very clear picture of what exactly is happening but all I know was, Zaini was panic and has forgotten most of the things that he is suppose to say.

There were tears rolling down from Zaini’s family and even some of my men teared as well because it was really a sad case. I won’t know if I can hold my tears if I am there with them, all I can say are the crying atmosphere was presence. Everyone carries a sad and moody face for the rest of the day.

Meantime while the trail was happening, I have been doing housekeeping for paper works and I notice that things were very messy. I had a hard time clearing up these stuffs and shredding away restricted documents.

During dinner time, I was asked to gather some man by my RSM to clean the canteen because the Army RSM is coming to our tear down camp for breakfast tomorrow! I was thinking why must he come and have breakfast here? This place is so tear down and had to maintain cleanliness. I manage to gather a few man and we swept the canteen together. On our way back, the Battalion Orderly Sergeant, my BMT buddy, told me that the Army RSM is not coming tomorrow but on the 12th instead. Upon hearing that, we could see the ‘huh’ expression coming from our face. Well, my RSM saw the date wrongly. What to do, what’s done is done but what I can say is that he is grateful for the help offered.

No comments: