Friday, March 9, 2007

ORD Dinner @ Hilltop Restaurant

Today is not just another wedding dinner or get-together dinner but an ORD dinner. It was my first time attending an ORD dinner and I was quite excited about it. I met up with Fahmy at Tampines bus interchange and have a light lunch and we headed to Yishun to meet up with Ranger as he is driving us there. We were ahead of schedule when we reach Yishun. Ranger made his way to fetch us.

We were way too early and I brought Ranger along to the estate I use to stay in the past. After that he parks his car in west mall and we had high tea at food court. After that we left west mall to look for the Hilltop Country Club by foot. We soon spotted that place and head back to west mall to collect Ranger’s car and proceed to Hilltop CC.

As soon as we park the car in Hilltop Country Club, we head straight to the ball room. The Country Club was well renovated and I like the designs of it. It really made me feel like I’m really on top of a hill top but just too sad to say that the buildings are taller than the Country Club. It was windy and the toilet was constructed in such a way that it is open to air outside. I saw Chua at the reception issuing the door gift, a cash card and an Ez-link card. We walk around the Country Club to kill some time. Soon it was time to be seated and the ball room still looks very empty, for a few minutes, and men of my Battalion starts to flock in slowly.

We were entertained by some “Bapok” which we all really love it. It was really a fun night as they made the volunteers do something that is really shameful; they really made our ORD Dinner night a real great one!

No comments: