Thursday, December 28, 2006

The longest day

Today seems to be a very bad day for me. Things don’t appear the way that it should that I have planned… Supposing to open my armskote for SOC participants today, I took the first bus service number 72 from Tampines all the way to Yio Chu Kang. The ride was horrible as the air con was so at a low speed.

Feeling very stuffy in the upper deck of the bus and it is the first time I ever experience bus sick! I felt dizziness and nearly puke after alighting at the bus terminal because of lack of oxygen in my body and worst still, the air wasn’t fresh! It was full of carbon monoxide, suffocating me badly… As I look at my mobile phone, the time was 0645hrs and I am running late. I have to open my armskote by 0645 hrs but shit always happens. I was late. I walked back to camp as fast as I can, panting, sweating and stinking…

When I reach camp, I saw this notice pin up on notice board, “SOC participants draw arms from X Coy @ 0610 hrs” I nearly blew my top. No calls, no SMS, no news or any information is informed to me or my assistance that we don’t have to open armskote today. Kind enough, the orderly told me that we are conducting IPPT for the Battalion and he asked me to stay to help, I agreed and so I stayed to assist the conducting of IPPT. As the time is still early, I went up to my bunk to wash my clothes and have a short 15 min nap…

At 0730 hrs, I changed into admin attire and started to assist the conduct of IPPT. Surprisingly I did not see the orderly who ask me to stay because he told me that he has to stay as well. Ending up I was busted… After IPPT, I continued to lie on my bed and enjoy the cold wind that is coming out from the fan. The feeling was good as I have always like cold air blowing gently on my body. I left camp at around 1100 hrs heading to a friend’s place to place mahjong…

We started playing since 1300 hrs and the game ended at 1600 hrs or so… it’s been a long time I had a mahjong session… I headed back home, had a hot shower and wanted to relax myself by watching TV programs but it seems that there is nothing interesting in TV. Wonder what is mediacrops is doing also. So bored, I headed to my bed and fall flat on it. Shortly after that, I fall dead on my bed and fast asleep as the weather is too good to sleep with. It was raining again! The clock seems to tick slower than usual. I wonder if it is just for today or till 31st Dec…

1 comment:

Little Miss Aimee said...

You got come home meh?
Why I never see you?