Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The day I felt like zombie

Even though we had a few hours of sleep, it is still very tiring for all the drinkers of last night. Victor has been saying the same sentence since he touches his comfortable bed. Talking to himself until dawn and finally falls asleep quietly in his bed at around 0645 hrs.

Everyone came down to office to let the government (my CSM) see our face so that he will not disturb us for the rest of the days. It was a busy day for me. I have to open my armory to let soldiers draw weapons and receive weapons, do up the parade state and settle admin stuff. After I finish everything, it is about 0930 hrs and I headed back to my bunk to sleep. As I was about to sleep, calls just keep coming in. As if like I am in a customer hotline service, all calling to ask stupid things. Things like where’s this thing, where’s that thing, what’s my this and that. Quite irritating at first. I than manage to have a peaceful sleep after 1100 hrs. I woke up at around 6 plus or so, I remember clearly is because when I wake up, I can’t see the state flag anymore so I know it’s after 1800hrs.

Shaq (my old time buddy) called me and ask me for a drink at a pub at Geylang as it was Wen Xing’s (a friend I know when I was 15, working as a crew in KFC) birthday. I than decide to go. I was very lost when I reach Geylang because I hardly come here. I tried to look for a landmark so that Shaq can meet me easily. It has been a long time that I have seen him and we talk for a very long time to catch up. Wen Xing and his other 2 friends soon came and we headed to the pub for a drink. We chat, played dices and pool till we were all tired and headed home. Shaq and me had a late night supper and headed home after that. Both exhausted and sleepy, nearly fall asleep in the cab still manage to reach home, have a hot shower and fall flat on bed, waiting for the sun’s arrival.

No comments: