Monday, January 1, 2007

Party time always starts late

I woke up from my dreadful sleep around 2000 hrs, the time where most party goers are preparing to get dressed up for the final day of 2006. Saying hello to 2007 and goodbye to 2006 and. Charles, Desmond, both my secondary school mate, with Ann and his boyfriend, Wenjie was there to welcome me at Jab1 KTV pub. I nearly lost my way because it’s been a long time since I last went to boat quay. The place looks very relaxing, simple and comfortable to sit back and relax to have a drink or so. Soon, Charles’s friends came and join us.

The last time I saw the time on my mobile was like 2315 hrs. All of us were playing five ten, the very popular finger drinking game. Though we sip our drinks, we know that we had drunk a lot, getting tipsy extremely fast. The kick slowly came… Does time flies so fast or I am just enjoying the time chatting and playing away until we totally forgotten about the time? At 2345 hrs, the KJ started to play techno and trance, we then knew that midnight is drawing near. There was a countdown by a waitress, and than things just went wild. Almost all their staff to carry a bottle of party sprays to spray at every customer that was in the pub. It was very havoc but fun!

The music went on for the past ½ an hour or so, it soon bored us out. Ann and Wenjie have to leave as Wenjie is working tomorrow. What to do? Army personnel are like that. We continue to chat and played five ten. Waitresses join in the fight as I was fighting with Desmond. It seems like we took turns to lose! Soon he gave up because he has been drinking and I have been sipping the drink. We fought with the waitresses as well. They were really good.

The more we drank, the tipsier we get. Charles and Desmond both couldn’t take the kick anymore and soon stop drinking, leaving me alone to fight with the fierce monsters. I couldn’t take it and soon stop. And thank goodness they left as well.

We partied till closing and Charles myself and Charles friend had problem finding Desmond, 3 big man looking for a guy that always sneak away while we are not paying attention on him. We couldn’t find him and we gave up. We headed home instead. As we all live in different part of Singapore, we should split but we had a hard time finding a cab! It’s either on call or busy or change shift or just refuse to take us! It’s really irritating that a taxi driver refuse to send you home when there is no passenger on board and worst still, he changed shift at this location and just nice you stayed at that location, they also refuse to stop. Let them earn money also so don’t want? Why will they still want to roam the streets when they refuse to take passengers?

The road was jam packed with drunkards. It was like a you’re in a movie, seeing all these drunk people reminds me of the movies “Dawn of the Dead.” Everywhere is like that! Kind of scary, we soon manage to grab a cab, 3 of us hope in and ask the taxi driver to send us to 3 different location. Total cab fare was around $45. But the journey was horrible because I couldn’t lean back properly and I can’t sleep because of the street lights. Soon I got home and the time was nearly 0500 hrs. As soon as I open the door, my mum was getting ready to go work. Why is life like that for my mum? New Year also has to work. Sigh! I was so dead tired, I had a quick shower and fall flat on my bed, thinking that I will have a very sound sleep but I couldn’t sleep. Having no idea, I just flip in my blanket, trying hard to get some sleep.

No comments: