Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Good things always come to an end, same goes to my off

It’s the start of a working day and I can see that a lot of us are very reluctant to work because of the “nua” germs that have infected all workers badly. Normally, we are having the Monday’s blue but we are all having a Wednesday’s blue. Very funny but it’s really true! My land rover that is going to ammo dump will be coming at 0800 hrs by right but administration has surfaced problems, I have waited for quite a long time before the stupid slow tortoise appeared right in front of me, driving at a speed of 50 km/h. I can die with this speed, and it takes about 1 hour or so to reach the ammo dump. I wanted to catch some sleep so I ask Ranger to sit in front and I could catch some sleep behind.

Wanting to sleep, I just can’t get to sleep because of the cooling wind that is blowing hard at my face, it just make me more awake instead of being sleepy. Goodness!! Things have not turn out the way I wanted and I was a walking zombie again when I reached the ammo dump, having fear that the ammo dump staff can smell the alcohol coming out from my body. To and fro took about 2 hours or so and this 2 hour is really a long 2 hour because it is so temping to sleep. Soon I reach camp and after setting up the most stupid thing called ammo point, it seems that I am confined to that small place till the whole exercise ended.

The scotching heat has been shining on me and I kept trying to avoid it because I will be dehydrated if I stayed under the sun for too long. I soon manage to hide away from the sun and because it is so cooling and windy, I start to feel sleepy and slowly I fall flat on the table and soon fast asleep. I felt that I have slept quite long and that very sleep was a very sweet sleep. I return ammo and when I came back, it is around 1700 hrs or 1800 hrs already. Still having briefing for tomorrow’s training at 1745 hrs, it ended quite late and I’m just too lazy to head out, I went back to bunk, lie on my bed and sleep again.

I now realize that I really can sleep a lot…

No comments: