Friday, January 19, 2007

Life run at Bishan

I was sleeping very soundly until I receive a lot of calls asking stupid questions, irritating me to the core. Still having hang over, I was told to open the armskote to let guard duty send in their weapons. Before I made my way down, I headed to the toilet to vomit out whatever it is coming out from my stomach. This is the first time I open armskote so late and in such bad state. Some of the man could even smell the alcohol coming out from me. They started drawing arms at around 0830 hrs and finally ended at around 0900 hrs and I was doing the remaining paperwork. When I’m done with the paper work, I thought I could rest for a little longer but hell no, CSM said that they are good enough and can send arms. I had to ask Ferhan, my new armskote man, to help me supervise the returning of arms and also chaining and locking up of the rifles.

Once everything was done, I locked up the armskote and headed back to bunk to catch some sleep, I slept through lunch. Woke up around 1400 hrs because of Terrance’s call, telling me that it’s time to come down the vehicle is on its way now. Still feeling hang over, I quickly made my way down to close the armskote. I waited for quite some time before the Duty Officer turns up. After closing the armskote, I quickly made my way up to pack my stuff. Stomach still grumbling because of hunger, I endured the hunger and quickly made my way down to the vehicle.

There was a 100% check for incoming and outgoing personnel or vehicle. We had our bags checked no matter how hard my officer tried to push it away because we were running late. It took quite a while before everything ended and we are now on our way to Bishan Park for a run. The journey was short, the weather was bad, the logistic forgot to bring ice and the water was not drinkable. We can just complain to ourselves and suck thumb. Soon we had our warm ups and started the run. I was with Fahmy and we were the walking party. We walked a total of 3km before the run was cancelled because of bad weather. We soon headed to our company’s assembly area and had a short debrief and soon after, we were dismiss and made our own respective way home. I met up with Ah Wee, Fahmy and Yuan jie for dinner. Ranger was heading back to camp because his car is parked in camp.

The 4 of us headed to a nearby beer garden to have dinner. The food was good but was quite expensive, maybe it’s because of the portion that they cook was not worth it and that’s why it cost around $5 for a plate of mee goreng. It was really tasty but I had my fill, if not I would have ordered more because it is so tasty. Ah wee than send us to Seng Kang to let us catch a bus back, but instead we took a cab as we were too tired. So tired, I don’t feel like going out, after a hot shower, I was about to rest when Wilson ask me over because something bad has happen to his circle of life. I don’t wish to talk much about this issue as it really is a sad thing. I accompanied him for a drink, see him up to his house and played mahjong with him. He seems better after telling me the pain that he felt. I stayed overnight at his place.

No comments: