Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sleeper’s day 2

I woke up early this morning because of the war that has been going thru my tummy, I can feel that they are fighting hard and there are a lot of casualties that needs me to bring them out. I went to the toilet and sat on the bowl to let the casualties out. Feeling relief, I washed up and look at the time. Close to 0900 hrs and Wilson is still in bed. I just send him a short SMS and he popped out of his bed; he came out with the very blur look and look at the time. He knew he is going to be late. He dialed for a cab and quickly gets changed up. We left his house together and he headed for his taxi and I headed for the bus stop, board the bus and waited to be at Tampines.

I bought carrot cakes for myself and my sister who has been begging me to buy breakfast for her. Business for the seller selling carrot cakes seems to be very good every time. There will be a small queue waiting to place order. He packs and his wife cook. I realize something about this uncle selling carrot cake, he sounds polite and friendly towards his customers who patronize his store, even those who didn’t buy anything from him, he did not give a black face or so, he just smiled. I have to admit that the carrot cake was tasty buy just that the portion was quite small. I somehow was addicted to eat carrot cakes from him. I still remembered that I was waiting for mine when he suddenly ask the people behind me not to queue because he felt embarrass about it and even ask his customers to sit down and wait instead of standing. Where on earth can we still find such good and friendly seller? Talking about his carrot cakes can make me drool even after lunch, if you are interested, tell me and I’ll be glad to bring you to eat but you have to bear with the small little queue.

I rush my way home, couldn’t wait to taste the hot, a little spicy carrot cake. As soon as I reach home, I couldn’t hold anymore. As I open the packet, the nice aroma filled the kitchen. I slowly finish the carrot cake, after that I fall on my comfortable bed and into my lala land again.

I woke up at 2000 hrs, couldn’t believe that I actually slept so long in the day. Feeling hungry, I headed to the kitchen and look into the wok for any food. There are rice, eggs with dark Soya sauce, soup and half a fish. I ate nearly everything till I’m filled, rot for a while and headed back to camp for a night rest.

No comments: